Monday, November 15, 2010

Life is a Roller Coaster

I googled "roller coaster" and found this YouTube link. You can almost feel the ups and downs!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yltlSuWqvzc

I feel like my life is a roller coaster ride. I'm guessing that yours is the same. The words busy, crazy, fast, scary, happy, excited, depressing, and many others come to mind! As I watch this video, we see the guys board the ride with anticipation. We see their times of excitment in the highs and lows. We also see the darkness that comes at the end when they go into the tunnel. I can so relate to that...sometimes within the same day!

Today has been a day of highs and lows...and it is hardly half over! Moments of seeing God's hand give me a high and seeing the hurts can take me down quickly. Today, I am reminded that God is the overcomer. He is the constant. He has overcome all the bad and no matter how bad the enemy seems to fight against us, God has already won the battle. If we are connected to Him, then we have overcome the world. Today, I'm going to keep reminding myself of that. And I hope that you will too.

"For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith" (1 John 5:4, ESV).

Will you pray for the W Conference this weekend? If you are not signed up, today is the day!
http://events.sbts.edu/wconference