Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Going Nowhere?



This past weekend I was traveling. As I prepared to board my flight, the airline announcer came on: “The tow bar that brings in the plane from the runway accidently hit the front of the plane. Our flight is cancelled.” I am annoyed but counting on a quick rebook. Not so! I have to take a taxi to Cincinnati to catch the only other flight that will work. I was not thrilled about ninety minutes in a taxi! As I climbed in, the driver immediately began talking. I found out he was from West Africa and shared that I was recently there. Throughout our conversation, he shared that his country is 100% Muslim. This opened the door to talk about Jesus Christ. As we neared the airport, I was sharing about Jesus as Savior, and not merely prophet, when my phone rang. It was the airline. My upcoming flight was just cancelled and I would have go back to Louisville where they would rebook me. Seriously?! I wanted to be angry that my plans were upset. Yet, I knew that there was only One who was creative enough to allow me yet another hour with this man. I had to laugh. Over two hours in a taxi going “nowhere”! This man did not receive Christ as Savior that day. But our Lord orchestrated his life so that he might hear the name of Jesus for two solid hours. Be encouraged today that even when you don’t see the fruit of your ministry, God is working in ways to accomplish things beyond what we could ask or imagine.