Monday, August 3, 2009

Lord, Make Me Like Mrs. Bowers

"Timothy, my child, I am giving you this instruction in keeping with the prophecies previously made about you, so that by them you may strongly engage in battle, having faith and a good conscience. Some have rejected these and have suffered the shipwreck of their faith"
1 Tim 1:18-19.

“Her name was Mrs. Bowers and I will never forget her. As a young teen, she sat with my friends and me every Wednesday night at church. She pulled out her Bible and she taught us, she loved on us, prayed for us, and she answered our questions. Every week we would bring friends from school along with our questions about girlfriend issues, boy issues, and life issues. Mrs. Bowers would write down the questions and bring us back the biblical answers the next week. She always acted as if she needed to research and find the answers for us, but looking back on it, I think she knew we’d be back the next week for the answers.”
“Regardless of how old we are, there is always a generation right behind us. We just need to open our eyes to see who they are and train the younger women to be the Godly leaders for their generation and for the next one…The next generation of women leaders will come from the girls we grow up today. In the abnormal culture we live in, we must focus our attention on these incredible young women and give them the tools they need to lead the next generation.”
Women Leading Women, Ch 10, Jaye Martin
Lord, make me just like Mrs. Bowers. Show me those in the next generation that you want me to engage and to pour my life into.