Thursday, August 6, 2009

hand in hand

"How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity!" (Psalm 133:1)

As my friend from college and I were catching up at Starbucks yesterday, he explained that he had come into town to celebrate with his family. "Wait," I asked, "It isn't your birthday... is it?" My stomach prepared to flip if the answer was yes. He chuckled and said no. This was the 13th year him and his family had been in the United States.

His dad had brought them to find a better education. My friend said that his dad had not thought it would last that long.

I took a sip of my tea, and then asked, "What do you mean?"

At first, he explained, coming to the states was a culture shock. Now, he feels like it is second nature for him and his family to be here.

I hope that when people come into church, they feel like it is home.
Romans 12:4-5 reads,"Just as each of us has one body with many members,
and these members do not all have the same function,
so in Christ we who are many form one body,
and each member belongs to all the others."
As a church family, I pray that we take opportunities to use our gifts and share Jesus' love, so that we can grow more unified every day.

More ideas: Romans, Ch. 12; 1 John 3:16-24
Or, I would love to read your ideas.
Charles Schulz's photo: search.barnesandnoble.com