Sunday, August 9, 2009

Pedicures and Sharing the Gospel


So the end of my pregnancy is nearing. I'm a week and a half away from my due date. The excitement is incredible as is the tiredness. Shew! Who knew the last few weeks of pregnancy could be so exhausting. To think just a couple of months ago I was on the beach and feeling great!

The other day I got the notion to get a pedicure, a well overdue pedicure I might add. My toe nails hadn't seen the slightest touch of polish all summer long. I work in ministry full time so I always long for opportunities to get around the world in general with the hope of sharing the Gospel. So I walked in hoping that the girl working on my toes would also be open to hearing about Jesus Christ! And as God would have it...she was! It was an easy door to open. Tam is her name if you'd like to offer up a prayer for her. She's from Vietnam and as far as I could tell hadn't been raised with much exposure to any sort of religion much less had she understood the life saving message of the Gospel and having a relationship with Christ. As always, God had prepared the ground before me as another customer had provided Tam with a Bible engraved with her name. I love how believers work together whether they know one another or not. We are one body! As we chatted about life and the Bible Tam had received I got to tell her the central message of Scripture...all about Jesus! I offered an invitation for Tam to come to church to visit with Chris and me an invitation she's very open to. So Lord willing IF little Micah holds off :) Tam will join us next Sunday at our church home...maybe she can even go with a friend of mine if I have the little one. At any rate this experience was another perfect example of opportunities God lays before us, we just have to look for them!

Who has God placed in your path as of late? Whether getting a pedicure, taking a walk, or going on a simple trip to the local grocery store the person is there whom God intentionally crossed your path with! I'm so thankful that the Lord provided this tired pregnant girl an opportunity to share about His salvation!