Saturday, November 21, 2009

"I'm in a hurry...."

"to get things done. I rush and rush until life's no fun..." Do you know that song? Sometimes we hurry & worry through life. Have you ever been there? Proverbs speaks to this dilemma we encounter in our life from time to time (or maybe you encounter it every week). Listen to this: "Also it is not good for a person to be without knowledge,And he who hurries his footsteps errs." Proverbs 19:2 Did you catch the latter phrase..."he who hurries his footsteps errs." It's so true. I can tell you countless stories about little scrapes & bruises I've earned from rushing about...you too? But can you imagine how many opportunities to share the Gospel we've missed because we're too busy to stop, too busy to listen. This week I experienced victory in this area of life and made a conscious decision to slow down to take the time to visit neighbors and hear where they were in life. And I can tell you that my schedule could wait all day but the stories I heard from a precious neighbor that needed immediate attention...they could not wait! Had I been hurrying I would have missed the opportunity. Don't miss your chance to love your neighbor because you have too much to do. Let your agenda bow down to God's will.