Friday, November 27, 2009

"Give thanks to God the Father for Everything."


"Speak to one another with psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ." (Eph. 5:19-20)

As we have celebrated Thanksgiving with you friends and family, I hope all of us had a time to reflect on God's goodness to us. I was reminded of a song I learned as a child that sums up the message to me above all about WHY I should be so thankful.

"He paid a debt He did not owe, I owed a debt I could not pay. I needed someone to take my sins away. And now I sing a brand new song "Amazing Grace," Christ Jesus paid a debt that I could never pay."
"To do" lists, school stress, project deadlines, family illness, early shopping hours and lines etc. may cause us to take our focus on Christ, but let us remember to sing a little song in our heart to the Lord. HE PAID a DEBT THAT I COULD NEVER PAY." Let us all express our thanks to Him!