Saturday, November 7, 2009

Labor & Delivery



That handsome little baby boy is our precious pride & joy. Whenever I look on him I am completely delighted. The truth of the matter is that I have never worked harder for one thing in my life! 24 hours of labor & 3 and a half hours of pushing, not to mention 9 months of pregnancy (which was highly enjoyable minus the 12 weeks of morning sickness and the last 2 weeks of utter discomfort, so worth it though)! Two things occur to me as a result of having Micah. One, the Gospel is SO amazing. Who could fathom giving their only son for anyone much less for a wretched sinner. Two, channeling the words of Jesus in John 4...every man and woman MUST be BORN again in order to receive life eternal through the death & resurrection of Jesus Christ! How we ought to LABOR to share Christ, to see Christ formed in as many as would come to Jesus and be saved. It won't be an easy labor of love...it may be 24 hours, 24 days, 24 months, or 24 years before we see the fruit of our labor, but imagine the great joy of watching a lost soul be delivered from sin, death, & the wrath of God. This is a greater joy, because I'll tell you what I want to see that son of mine be BORN again...that day will be greater than the first birth because it will mean life in Christ forever. Don't grow weary...labor over souls and watch them be delivered.