Monday, May 10, 2010

Transferred

The piano rang as clear as ever chiming out the familiar tune of "Just As I Am." Voices raised toward heaven, asking that some lost might be found. Our invitation to come to know Jesus at church this past Sunday will not be one I soon forget. I was singing but my mind was pretty singularly focused on the women who might come to Jesus in the very minutes in which I sang. I gazed at our women's minister as she prayed with a woman...I knew in that moment salvation may have come. I longed to be a witness to it personally. I watched Julie closely as I serve on our women's leadership team to see if she needed help. The moment came. I raced forward not sure what I would find. Julie gave me to a precious young woman, Carla. Carla was her name. As Carla spoke it became clear that my hope of seeing the transfer was about to occur. "He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, in whom we have redemption the forgiveness of sins." (Colossians 1:13-14) I delight in moments like the one I experienced this Sunday, and I well imagine if you are a leader of women or just a lover of Jesus, you delight in them too. I encourage you to watch & pray for those moments. They are coming if the Lord wills!