Thursday, June 20, 2013

Horseshoes and Victory

"The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the Lord." Proverbs 21:31. 

I admire the stamina and grace that horses seem to show when they move. Stories about their help in battle, their beauty and even their companionship draw me in. Simply, I admire strength and beauty. Yet, God has greater strength and beauty than anyone or anything else I can find.

Nothing compares to His love and might. God not only is courageous and victorious over darkness, but also He has this reputation of displaying great heart as He relentlessly pursues people to come to know and trust in Him. This Savior King who rules over all things invites us into a real, growing relationship with Him.

Kelli Martin
By Jesus' sacrifice on the cross, the invitation is there for us to be forgiven, to be in God's presence and to be His people. As we are His and give Him the reins, we can trust He will be true to His word and that we are under His watch. We can be strong and courageous because we trust in the great I AM and His lead.

So, don't get me wrong - I still have a wide-eyed love for horses. I just am happy to be reminded that God is stronger and more beautiful than anything else. Pray with me thanks to God for who He is. Let's pray that we see times to share more about our strong and beautiful God with someone this weekend.

"Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God." Psalm 20:7

Verses related to this: 2 Corinthians 3:4-6, Genesis 3:14-15, Exodus 14:14, Deuteronomy 31:6.

Loving these music videos by Citizens: "Made Alive" and "I Am Living in a Land of Death."