Monday, June 24, 2013

press on press on press on press...

12 Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus. 13 Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:12-14, NASB

I don't have hold of it yet, I have not become perfect and my assurance is that I never will! But fortunately, God just wants me to press on! These verses in Philippians 3:12-14 remind me that I am to press on, reach forward, and keep following God's call in my life. I often need to be reminded of this truth.

Tonight I find myself still working on tasks that never seem to end. Just when I think I have finished a project, I find still another error or realize that the artwork is not the correct type of file or that God is correcting my direction. It is easy to be discouraged when the pressures are great. Every day, I feel like I am on The Apprentice and that if I don't figure it out, I will be fired. My hat is off to those who are in the publishing business; I now understand why it takes so long (don't like it, do understand)!

God is reminding me that He has not left me, but He does not want me to leave Him either. He wants me to press on! I just need to look for Him for direction and correction, and depend on Him to help me at every turn. I'm going to forget about what didn't happen today, sleep and press on and trust Him again tomorrow. Will you join me?