Friday, January 8, 2010

Brokenness

This world is full of brokenness. I'm sure you know that, but sometimes I think we need to be reminded of the fact. Brokenness doesn't always yell loud & get in your face. Most likely, brokenness lives down the street: the widow, the orphaned, the divorced, the abused, the forgotten. Inside my beautiful home, baking up a from scratch apple pie it's easy to forget that, not today though. I received an urgent call today from a young woman that I mentor. As I listened to her pour out her heart choking back tears, I was jolted back into the reality that many people live in brokenness. The only cure for this sickness is Jesus! That's it. Jesus' Word must be appropriately applied to the brokenness for healing to take place. As I survey news headlines, pop media, & listen to the average young woman down the street, it impresses my heart that we must be diligent in sharing the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ through the sharing of His wonderful Gospel. Each year I commit a book of Scripture to memory (you should pick a passage too). I love God's Word & storing it up in my heart that I may not sin against my Lord Jesus! When I think of brokenness this recent memory verse from 2 Timothy comes to mind...it won't be perfect but you'll get the gist of it. "...revealing Christ Jesus our Lord who abolished death and brought immortality & life to light through the Gospel." (2 Timothy 1:10, I biblegatewayed the verse number :)). I am hoping to shine the light of Gospel into this desperately broken world this year, from beginning to end. Will join me?