Thursday, January 28, 2010

omnipresence

"'Am I a God who is only in one place?' asks the Lord. 'Do they think I cannot see what they are doing? Can any one hide from me? Am I not everywhere in all the heavens and earth?' asks the Lord" (Jeremiah 23:23-24, New Living Translation).

We can see God's presence and love all around us. Since I am not used to seeing snow so much in the winter, every snowfall is a thrill for me to watch. I love waking up and seeing the white blanket drape over rooftops and envelope cars. The beauty in nature is surely a sign of His presence, but in people and science we are able to see His glory, too. He surely is evident across the globe.

A truth that I see from the verse mentioned above is that God is present at all times. He will always be there for us to help when we ask Him for it with a sincere heart. Do we believe that He is all around us? Are we asking for Him to lead us moment by moment? My past pastor, Dr. Ed Young, used to fall on his knees and pray before his sermons, saying, "Lord, let me get out of the way" as he asked God to speak through Him. Reflecting on this prayer, I see how important it is to give glory to our God at all times as a true follower of Him.

As we see God's presence surrounding us, I pray that it increases our desire to love Him and put Him first. It is true that we will not be able to show our love like Him, since He sent His Son to die for what we have done against Him. Yet, we can "let ourselves get out of the way" so that His love can be shown to the world.