Monday, May 2, 2011

Henna Parties

"Your shoots are an orchard of pomegranates with all choicest fruits,
henna with nard" (Song of Solomon 4:13, ESV).




As women, we are always looking for ways to share the gospel of Christ in fun, meaningful, and creative ways. Within the last month, God has been showing me the way to use this Asian art form, Henna, to share the gospel. I admit that I was not really aware of it until one of my students wanted to do her research paper on henna evangelism with women. I looked into it and am amazed how many are already using it to share Christ. One of my other students hosted a henna evangelism party at her church this past weekend. The more I talk about it, the more I hear what others are doing! Below you will see two links to the ways henna can be used to share the love and stories of the gospel of Jesus!

http://www.go2southasia.org/resource/evangelism/henna/
http://www.go2southasia.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Henna-MiniBook.pdf

Do you ever wonder what you can do? You can organize a henna party. If you do, plan to suggest that those who attend go and share the gospel with someone using henna. Who knows what God can do through the creative arts! You are gifted2go!