Friday, May 20, 2011

Thoughts from One Leader to Another: #1


 "For you created my inmost being., you knit me together in my mother's womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made, your works are wonderful.  I know that full well."  (Psalm 139:13-14)

The next few weeks I am gong to share some things with you that I have learned over the past twenty years in terms of being a leader.



First of all, God has made you unique!   You are not supposed to be like the lady who has been a member of your church for thirty years, like your friend in another town, or like the previous pastor’s wife of the church where you are.  Comparing ourselves to others can stifle the gifts, personalities, and jobs the Lord has for you in the church He has intentionally placed you.  Identify your own personality, gifts, passions, and abilities; then be confident of the purpose HE has for YOU.  Remember that God called you and and He knew what He was doing!!  If He has called you, He WILL equip you for the good work that He has called you to do.  Don’t depend on any human talents or abilities, but allow God to work through your distinct person.



"Lord, we thank you for the fearful and wonderful way you have created each of us.  Help us glorify you in and through our lives."