Friday, May 27, 2011

Thoughts from One Leader to Another: #2

   "Live as children of light...and find out what pleases the Lord." (Ephesians 5:8b 10)


 A second thing I have learned is that you can “please some of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time.  Even though it may be in your nature to want to be a people-pleaser, it is not going to happen!  I am saying that as a person who struggles with being a people-pleaser. I thought I had to say ‘yes’ all the time to please people if they thought I should do something in the church; plus that carried over to me wanting my husband to please everyone in the church.  That is definitely not healthy or wise.  So – just accept that fact, smile, be sweet, and stay on your knees a lot – and learn to say “no.”