Thursday, May 12, 2011

Your Love is Strong

"In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace that He lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding" (Ephesians 1:7-8, HCSB).

As I was reading Ephesians earlier this week, I admit I started out mostly thinking about how many things had to be done in the day.  Yet, this first chapter grabbed my attention.  Paul begins his letter to the church at Ephasus by reminding them of Christ who saves.  God knows what we have done against Him, but He has forgiven us anyway. 

That piece of truth has such depth - His grace is what brings us closer to being with God and bringing Him praise.  I thought, I hope I first remember how God showed mercy to me when I was lost in acting out against Him.  He has this rich grace, one that can't be matched, to forgive us every day.  He not only forgives but also gives us new hearts.  I pray I remember His power to change our lives.

So, I pray that we remember God's great kindness and that we help others see who He is.

"Then He opened their minds to understand the Scriptures. He also said to them, 'This is what is written: the Messiah would suffer and rise from the dead the third day, and repentance for forgiveness of sins would be proclaimed in His name to all the nations, beginning at Jerusalem.'" (Luke 24:45-47, HCSB).

Music video clip - youtube.com link - Jon Foreman, "Your Love is Strong"