Monday, May 9, 2011

A New Thing

18 “Remember not the former things,
nor consider the things of old.
19 Behold, I am doing a new thing;
now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness
and rivers in the desert. Isaiah 43:18-19



I love these verses. God wants us to know that He is always working and doing a new thing. If you know me at all, you know that I am all about the new thing. My problem is that I would rather do the new thing than finish the old thing. I have to pray for God to help me see the new thing, even in the midst of the old. Old things can be good but the new thing that God does is always better.

When we think about doing evangelism, we are usually looking for the new thing. What is working? What is that cutting edge event that will get people to see our risen Lord?

In this case, it is the same Gospel, the same good news. It may seem like an old thing but it never gets old. We just need to present Jesus in a new and fresh way. It is not that Jesus needs to be new, it is that our hearts need to be renewed to see what new thing He might be doing in someone's life.

Lord, do a new thing in my heart. I don't want to miss what new things you are doing!