Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Nothing Impossible with God

And behold, your relative Elizabeth in her old age has also conceived a son, and this is the sixth month with her who was called barren. For nothing will be impossible with God” (Luke 1:36-37, ESV).

The angel told Mary that nothing was impossible with God. Her friend, mentor and too-old-to-have-children relative Elizabeth was pregnant and Mary was having the Holy-Son of God. Wow, that's a lot of miracles all at once. Mary believed the angel. It was simple faith. She believed that God could miracles and believed she was experiencing one.

In the past few weeks, I've been praying for God to take over some "impossible" things happening. Within just a matter of days, two of my friends have had cancer return - one breast cancer and one eye cancer. One healed for four years or so, one healed for twenty years. Then poof, there it is again. With no notice or warning, both are back in the whirlwind of doctors, surgery, and all things uncertain. I know I speak for many of us when I say that I am ready for a couple of miracles. I'm ready for God to take two impossible situations and intervene! Lord, please heal Paula and Lisa! Lord, I believe that You can do the impossible and provide healing to their bodies. And as I write this, there are so many "impossible" situations...I pray for healing and for God to do the impossible in each life. So many needs, so many hurts.

I don't know why God allows some to be pregnant and some not. I don't know why He heals some and some He doesn't heal. What I do know is that He is there, He listens, He cares, He speaks, and He can. Some day maybe we will understand, maybe we won't. I trust that whatever you are going through, you will trust Him to do the impossible in your life. With God, all things are possible and I, for one, am praying that He will do the impossible and heal Paula and Lisa. I'm praying for you too.

Lord, give us the simple faith of Mary to believe in You.