Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Praise God!

"And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all they had heard and seen, as it had been told them" (Luke 2:20, ESV).

As it was told to them, the shepherd glorified and praised God. During the hectic days of Christmas we praised God. During the lazy days that follow (maybe for you, not for me), we are to glorify and praise God.

As I write this, the computer I am writing on is barking at me! I am trying to glorify God in the process and I admit, it has become a humorous ordeal. I am determined not to let it get to me. I'm sure the shepherds had things to catch up on. Maybe some sheep had gone astray. Who knows what happened while they were gone. Yet, they kept their focus on the important things.

Let's continue to glorify and praise God. Let's keep our focus on the importance of Christ in our lives. Let's glorify and praise God - even while computers bark.

Let's have a "Mary" end-of-the-season!