Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Prophesy Fulfilled

“He has helped his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy, as he spoke to our fathers, to Abraham and to his offspring forever” (Luke 1:54-55, ESV).

Mary, the mother of Jesus, sang her hymn of praise to the Lord. She was in the middle of it all. The Holy Spirit had fallen on her and in months to come she will birth Jesus the Messiah. She sang of the prophesy that was being fulfilled and kept her perspective on it all.

Today, December 23, I find myself doing yesterday's post. I am in the middle of it all! Parents have arrived, nieces have boyfriends around and in town, Kelli's boyfriend arriving this morning, the massive cooking and cleaning continues, and I am thankful that most all the gifts are wrapped and under the tree. For the most part, things are in order and every time someone says something bazaar or something else goes haywire, I remind myself that Jesus is Lord! Christmas is all about our Savior who died for us. Jesus is here as a way out of this crazy life in which we find ourselves. Thank you Lord! While parts of Christmas are fun, parts are not. I am so grateful that He will come again to rescue me (and us)!

I WILL HAVE A "MARY" CHRISTMAS, no matter what anyone does or says! Will you join me???