Monday, December 27, 2010

Treasured and Pondered

"But Mary treasured up all these things, pondering them in her heart" (Luke 2:19, ESV).

Don't you love it? When it was all said and done, Mary treasured all these things and pondered them in her heart.

Now that Christmas is over, what will be the things that we treasure? One of the memories I will hold dear will not be new material gifts, but a four inch photo binder packed with photos of our family. My parents spend the whole year gathering photos of past holidays and vacations and gave Kelli and my two nieces each a huge notebook full of pictures! Each was unique. My dad took the time to scan every page and gave all of us a DVD of all three albums. What a blessing to have that and to be able to pass it on.

As important as the memories and photos are, the most important thing they passed on to us was the message of Christ. I have been reflecting and pondering what my life would have been without Jesus in my life. I would have been a complete mess. I cannot even imagine how my insecurities would have taken over. Thank you to my parents who passed on the message of eternal life. Thank you Lord for finding me.

This new year, let's commit to pass on the love of the Lord. Let's make a memory by sharing the good news! Let's have a "Mary" new year!