Monday, March 21, 2011

And the Lord Answered Me

And the Lord answered me: “Write the vision; make it plain on tablets, so he may run who reads it. For still the vision awaits its appointed time; it hastens to the end—it will not lie. If it seems slow, wait for it; it will surely come; it will not delay. (Habakkuk 2:2-3, ESV).

I was reading in Habakkuk this morning. Some of my favorite verses are found in 2:2-3. I love how the Lord speaks to me through His Word and have always loved this passage. When God speaks, we are to write it down. The vision may seem like it will never happen but we are to wait for it. In God's timing, it will happen.

Today, the part that really stood out was the first phrase, "And the Lord answered me." What an incredible thought that the God of the universe takes time - not only to listen to me, however - to answer me.

I don't know what questions you have for God but I do know that He stands ready to listen and to answer. Take time to sit before Him and to spend time with Him. Write down His thoughts. Take time to listen as he showers you will love and answers.

Let's remember that those who have never accepted Christ personally, will not hear Him like we do. Sin separates the unbeliever from God. As you go today, look for ways to share His love with a lost world. It is obvious that people are struggling and in need of the cleansing power of God in their lives.

You are loved and prayed for.