Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Life Insurance

Recently, my husband and I sat down with an insurance agent to discuss different life insurance options. We are currently in the process of adopting our three young foster children, so we decided to take a look at our policy and possibly make modifications. After three hours with this agent, I felt completely confused and overwhelmed with all of the options, levels, fine print and various programs! There are SO many ways to purchase and hold life insurance...and this was just all within one company! However, I was struck with the passion that this man exhibited when talking about his policies. He was so excited to share with us all of the ways that we could make sure we purchased the right policy. And he was quite convincing that we needed everything he had to offer, right now! In thinking about this, I wonder if I exhibit even a fraction of that passion when sharing with people about ETERNAL LIFE through Jesus Christ. In the book of John, Jesus says, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." This is THE guarentee of eternal life for all who will believe in Christ. I have this message, and I have the freedom to share with anyone, anytime...without appointment or restriction. And yet many times, I will share without passion or with hesitation. Today, my prayer is that we would be women who passionately share about the One who IS LIFE. We have life...abundant...eternal...and it is our job to make sure that everyone has a chance to know about this Life!