Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Share Your Story!



"For God has not given us a spirit of fearfulness, but one of power, love, and sound judgement. So don't be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord, or of me His prisoner. Instead, share in suffering for the gospel, relying on the Power of God." 2 Timothy 1:7-8 (HCSB)


"So don't be embarrassed to speak up for our Master..." 2 Timothy 1:8 (MSG)



You have a special story to share , your story, your testimony!

One of the greatest tools you have as His witness is to share your personal testimony, His Story in your life, with someone that needs that Lord or needs to turn back to the Lord!


I thank God for the first Christians in my life that encourage me to share my personal story with others as they shared with me that God could use my testimony to plant and water seeds of Good News of Jesus Christ in someone's life! When we share our story, we are His Witness!


There are many ways you can prepare to share your story. Here is a simple but powerful plan/outline you may want to use (you can find this simple tool in chapter 4 of "HeartCall: Women Sharing God's Heart" (page 28):



  • What Was My Life Like Before I Became A Christian? (list some of the things that God saved you and forgave you from)



  • What Happened & How You Accepted & Believed That Jesus Loved You & Gave His Life For You? (list some of the details about the day you accepted Jesus as your Lord)


  • How Has Your Life Been Different As A Christian Since You Gave Your Life To The Lord? (list some of the ways that your life has changed and is new)

Thank God that He has saved you and that you have a story to share with others as His Witness! If you have never committed your life to Him, this would be a great time to do that. Please let someone know of your decision to follow Christ so that they can pray celebrate with you, pray for you, and help you begin to grow as a New Believer!!

We would LOVE to hear Your Story! Please feel free to share Your Story using the outline above! Sharing your story by using this simple outline above is a great way to practice as you prepare to share your story with others!

I am compelled to stop and pray for you based on Colossians 4:2-6!! "Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. And pray for us too that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Be wise in the way you act towards outsiders (non-Christians); make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone."!! Colossians 4:2-6

IN JESUS' NAME!! AMEN!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbe7OruLk8I
(Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone) - Chris Tomlin)