Monday, March 7, 2011

do what your hand finds to do

"The Spirit of the LORD will come upon you in power, and you will prophesy with them; and you will be changed into a different person.  Once these signs are fulfilled, do whatever your hand finds to do, for God is with you"  (1 Samuel 10:6-7, NIV).


I love working with women who want to be involved in ministry. I love their zeal, their passion, and their desire for changing the world. I could sit for hours to hear them share how the Lord called them to ministry, and listen to what they want to do. When God comes in on a life, He totally changes ones dreams, wants and desires.


I love these verses in 1 Samuel 10:6-7. They are some of the verses that God used to call me into ministry. Space doesn't allow for me to tell you all the ways but I knew that God was changing me, and I had best "go with the flow." I went from having my own interior design firm (with employees) to volunteering at the church office and doing anything I could to help. I worked hard and was paid next to nothing, becasue I knew that God had called me to be humbled, learn, and grow. I did whatever anyone would let me do.


It really hasn't changed much. Oh, obviously God has more than blessed me with a job way beyond what I would have even expected, but I am still willing to do anything my hands find to do in order to proclaim the message of Christ. It has been the greatest blessing of my life to be able to serve Him in even small ways.


What the point you ask? The point is, don't miss the blessing of serving the Lord in the small ways. Do whatever your hand finds to do. You will receive the blessing.