Thursday, March 10, 2011

chewing on patience

"The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness.  He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance" (2 Peter 3:9, NIV).  

Sharing the love of Christ is not always easy to do.  As we learn more about Him, though, we can see more of how to live and love like Him and how to share Him with others.  As we follow Him, I pray we show others more of who He is.  

In the above verse, I see how God is patient with us.  From 1 Corinthians 13:4-5, we can see that patience is a part of love: "Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful" (ESV).  Even when I am stubborn to follow God, He has great patience with me.  This patience motivates me, since it helps me see how His love and wisdom are great.  I pray we all have patience as we seek to follow Him and share Him with others.

What have you seen about God lately that you can live out today, so others may know Him, too?