Wednesday, September 9, 2009

HOPE for TODAY!


"The nations will put their hope in His name." Matthew 12:21 HCSB

As the anniversary of 9/11 is remembered this week, like you, I will never forget where I was, what I was doing, and the first person I called when I saw the breaking news unfold on the television...One of the first thoughts I had, perhaps because we were about to have a "HeartCall" women's evangelistic leadership training, was...how many people went to heaven that knew Jesus as their Savior and how many did not as I prayed that thousands would turn to Jesus as a result of this tragedy...my heart was gripped with a fresh call to share Jesus with others! Today, what is God using to grip our heart to share Jesus in a fresh way with others?

Do you remember how full our prayer services at church were right after 9/11? Do you remember how God opened up doors to share Jesus & Heaven with others? I still have my hometown newspaper from the day after 9/11....do you know what word is on the entire front page? The word HOPE was on the front page of our local newspaper in the biggest boldest letters!

Our HOPE must come from JESUS and there are millions of people searching for that HOPE today! This week is another special opportunity to share Jesus with others right where we are in our lives doing exactly what we are doing even after these many years since 9/11!

What are some ways that we can reach out to others with Jesus? Our nation is still at war as a result of 9/11...How many military families do we know that could use Hope and/or our Prayers? To inspire us all, I have got to share this song with you about our Christian Military Soldiers that are serving our Nation Under God on the battlefield today. Dear praying friends let's stop right now and say a prayer as the Lord leads us as we cover them with the HOPE & VICTORY that is found in JESUS as they share Jesus with others through their service to our country that keeps us FREE!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c-dgz9Ykvo

Dear God, no matter what is going on in our lives you can cause each circumstance to fan the flame of The Holy Spirit in our hearts to Share Jesus~Our Greatest HOPE! In Jesus' Name~AMEN!

"But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, in order to bring it about as it is this day, to save many people. Now therefore, do not be afraid; I will provide for you and your little ones. And he comforted them and spoke kindly to them." Genesis 50:20-21 NKJV