Wednesday, September 30, 2009

"think pink!"

The month of October is also Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I think it is inspiring to see how people unite across America to support breast cancer awareness, from mailing Yoplait yogurt lids to participating in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. According to www.breastcancer.org and www.cancer.org, about 13% women and 1% men in the United States have the disease.

What does the Bible say about how we can live like Him in the midst of these statistics?

>We can show COMPASSION to those who suffer: When Jesus learned that Lazarus died in John 11, we see that He was "deeply moved" (verse 33) and "wept" (verse 35).
>He asks us to have COURAGE: "I have told you these things so that in Me you may have peace. You will have suffering in this world. Be courageous! I have conquered the world." –John 16:33 (HCSB)
>When we COME to and LEARN from Jesus, we will find REST: "Come to Me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. All of you, take up My yoke and learn from Me, because I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for yourselves. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." –Matthew 11:28 (HCSB)

Do you have any verses that you would like to share to those who are going through struggles such as breast cancer?

"May our Lord Jesus Christ Himself and God our Father, who has loved us and given us eternal encouragement and good hope by grace, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good work and word."
-2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 (HCSB)