Friday, September 18, 2009

Revive Me

“Revive me according to Thy lovingkindness, so that I may keep the testimony of Thy mouth” Psalm 119:88 (NAS).

I took this photo of some black-eyes susans that were at Ridgecrest in North Carolina. They were just a beautiful sight and seemed to be so perky and vibrant with color. There they were, standing there reaching toward the sun. As I looked at them, I was reminded of God and His creation...that He is the source of energy, vibrancy, color and life. Oh what a beautiful sight to see!

I could not help but think that they were a better testimony to the glory of God than I was. They could not utter a word, yet they were reaching toward their Creator and testifying by their very being. Romans 1:20 says, "From the creation of the world His invisible attributes, that is, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what He has made. As a result, people are without excuse" (HCSB).

What is my testimony? Tired? Too tired to share about the love and passion of Jesus Christ? Am I so busy that I cannot stop to make an eternal difference in someone's life? Oh Lord, please "revive me...so that I may keep the testimony of Thy mouth."