Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Let God Use Our Heads!

The picture in today's blog was taken by a photographer that is covering the college baseball team that our 23 year old son, Cody Jones, attends and plays for...this is a picture of the underside of his baseball cap that includes several inspirations in his life. Cody's inspirations: Phil 4:13 & Gal. 2:20 & C.M.T. (Coach Miller Time) Coach Miller was one of Cody's favorite High School coaches and Bible Study teachers from Hallsville High School-Coach Miller is in Heaven now from cancer...J.D. is in memory of Joe Daniel Brumble (our son's Marshall & Cody's favorite fishing and hunting buddy that is also in heaven from a tragic truck wreck)

Here is a testimony written by Cody about Coach Miller for one of his college classes:
"The bible says in James 1:12 “Blessed is a man who endures trials, because when he passes the test he will receive the crown of life that He has promised to those who love Him”. I have endured many trials that I have gotten through by leaning on the Word of God. God has done many things in my life that I thought He could never do as I trust in Him and work at finishing strong in life. He has also shown me to thank the Lord for all of the blessings that he has blessed me with. It’s really awesome how the Lord works in the lives of people to draw them closer to Him. I had a coach in High School his name is Coach Miller. Coach Miller inspired me more than any other coach that I have had because he truly finished strong. A couple of years ago he was diagnosed with cancer and the doctors only gave him 6 months to live. Instead on lying down and giving up he went about everyday with a glow about him that I never understood. Coach Miller was one of the strongest Christians that I have ever meet and he lived it every day even knowing that he might not make it much longer. I went and saw coach 2 days before he passed away and I will never forget it. He could barely talk but he did not have to say anything. The look on his face said it all “Always trust in the Lord and everything is going to be alright” even though he passed away two days later he touched so many lives by the way he lived his life. Many athletes accepted Jesus through his witness on and off the field. Coach Miller finished his life as strong as anyone could and I will never forget him." (written by Cody Jones for one of his college classes about a movie they watched about perseverance!)

This picture of an evangelistic baseball cap is an encouraging inspiration about the power of a "non-verbal" witness...what are some other non-verbal witnessing tools that we can share? I will share 2 and would love for you to share some of your favorite:

1. Witnessing Booklet 2. Cross Necklace

Please share some ideas you have of non-verbal witnessing tools as we encourage one another to live an evangelistic lifestyle!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68q8y5nkdPo (Voice of Truth!! Casting Crowns)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vB59PkB0eQ (Facing The Giants!!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvrBQL8swLI (I Will Rise!! Chris Tomlin)