Wednesday, February 24, 2010

This ONE Thing!















"Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me His own. I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead..."
Phil. 3:12-13 (ESV)

"Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back." Phil. 3:13-14 (MSG)


Paul gives great encouragement for Christian Leaders (and we are all leaders in one way or another) in Phil.3:12-14 as we look at some of the key action verbs:


  • FORGET IT - God Provides His Supernatural Strength to Forget It! Our goal must be to daily "forget" what was yesterday's struggles and victories as we follow JESUS & HIS DAILY CALL! Everyday is a NEW DAY!
  • PRESS ON - God Provides His Supernatural Strength to Press On! Our goal must be to daily "stretch" onward towards JESUS & HIS DAILY CALL! Everyday is a GOD DAY!

In the age of "multi-tasking" that we live in , as Evangelistic Christian Women, we must be careful to make sure we daily do the ONE thing Paul writes to "the body of Christ" for such a time as this. In my life, the more that I have on my "to do list" the more I am vulnerable to the over-whelming feelings that go with having too much on my plate. The enemy wants us to "get stuck" and ineffective any way that he can. One of his tactics and schemes in the multi-tasking age we live in, is to have so many "multi-tasking to do's" that we end up doing many things halfway instead of ONE or a few things well for Jesus as we PRESS ON!


What are some ways that God is calling you to do this "ONE" thing "forgetting what is behind and reaching forward to what is ahead..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POf__1yS4qY (Press On ~ Selah)

In JESUS NAME we PRESS ON!