Tuesday, February 23, 2010

No Hindrance




About two years about my husband and I bought our first home. Our prayer from the beginning has been that the Lord would use our home as a place where the Gospel was lived, taught, preached and shared with neighbors. We have tried to host cookouts, dinners and parties to build these relationships in hopes of opportunities to share the gospel. This morning in my quiet time, I was reading in the last few chapters of Acts and read until the end of the book. The last two verses in the entire book read, "For two whole years Paul stayed there in his own rented house and wlcomed all who came to see him. Boldly and without hindrance he preached the kingdom of God and taught about the Lord Jesus Christ." (Acts 28:30-31). Wow. What a testimony to constant faithfulness to share the Gospel right where the Lord has planted your home! As I began to think back to how we have tried to evangelize our neighbors, I started to realize that my statement would probably read a little bit more like this "for two whole years Kristi and Will lived in their own home and welcome all who came to see them. They planned barbeques and dinners to invite neighbors over hoping to possibly get an opportunity to share Christ at the right time". It can be easy for me to look at just my own little life and feel pretty good about all of the initiative I take to be intentional in relationships. However, when I go back to Scripture and allow God's Word to form a clear picture of my life, I am challenged to return home with boldness not allowing any hindrances to come between sharing the good news of Jesus. Today, my question to you comes from the testimony of Pauls' life. Would your neighbors say this about you? "For ___ years she has lived here and boldly and without hindrance she has preached to us about the kingdom of God and taught us about the Lord Jesus Christ." Lord, may we be women who are so passionate for the name of your Son to be greatly exalted through our homes!