Monday, February 1, 2010

A Clean Heart

"God, create a clean heart for me and renew a steadfast spirit within me" (Psalm 51:10, HCSB).

What can I say but that I have always loved February. I love the weather in just about any of the states. I love the memories of discipleship weekends, the focus on God's love and Valentine's Day, and since it holds birthdays for my sister and I, it holds some great memories of family and parties. January has passed, the broken resolutions have come and gone, and we are back to the focus on what is good and right and pure in God's beautiful world.

This weekend, I was honored to speak at the Women's Forum hosted by the SBTC (Texas convention). Tracy joined me there and we shared about being gifted2go. They also asked me to share on having a clean heart in a dirty world. I was expecting a group of 5-10 and at last count, there were 112 in the room. I was floored. The Spirit of God swept the place as we looked at what it meant to lead with a clean heart. When it was over, many shared of convictions to give up things (even things not mentioned). God is honored by clean hearts.

During this wonderful month of February, let's concentrate together on God's love, His cleansing blood, and convenant together to confess our sins before a Holy God so that we might honor Him with clean hearts.